Yoga is derived from Sanskrit word “Yuja” which means to Unite. The unification of Mind, soul and body is defined as Yoga. Yoga is for longevity of life, happiness and living healthy lifestyle. Yoga deals with the extensively with every aspect of our life according to Vedas. Asana is the therapeutic exercise practice for health. Asanas purify and strengthen the body and control and focus the mind. Asana is defined as “posture;” its literal meaning is “seat.” Originally, the asanas served as stable postures for prolonged meditation. There are thousands of asanas among them I like few most which is easy and very beneficial I try to mention some of them below.
Easy Position – Sukhasana
A starting position that helps focus awareness on breathing and the body; helps strengthen lower back and open the groin and hips.
- Calms the brain
- Strengthens the back
- Stretches the knees and ankles
The Corpse — Savasana
Relaxes and refreshes the body and mind, relieves stress and anxiety, quiets the mind
shah-VAHS-anna) sava = corpse
This pose is also called Mrtasana (pronounced mrit-TAHS-anna, mrta = death)
- Calms the brain and helps relieve stress and mild depression
- Relaxes the body
- Reduces headache, fatigue, and insomnia
- Helps to lower blood pressure
- Concentration power develops
- Relieves tiredness during asanas
(veer-AHS-anna) vira = man, hero, chief
- Stretches the thighs, knees, and ankles
- Strengthens the arches
- Improves digestion and relieves gas
- Helps relieve the symptoms of menopause
- Reduces swelling of the legs during pregnancy (through second trimester)
- Therapeutic for high blood pressure and asthma
- High blood pressure
- It is meditative asana helps in keeping your mind stable.
- It can be done after meals. Cures for digestion, acidity, acidity, constipation and gas formation. It is done after meal for 15 minutes.
- It helps in relieving pain in the knee.
- This is best pose for all of us. It is helpful concentration on mind and upward movements of the prana.
- It strengthen digestive system and is beneficial in wind related problem.
- This is rest pose. During this pose blood pressure , mental tension and insomnia controlled. It is done in between other asanas, it is for intestines problem.
- It affects sympathetic nerves and helps in the relaxation of body.
- Heart get the rest as it is not functioning against gravitational force.
- Benefits for endocrine glands.
- It is practiced by experts like you. It is called siddhasana. It protects celibacy and make person celibate.
- It cools down lust for sex and removes instability of mind. It is for kundalini awakening.
- It also for anorectal disease piles and sexual diseases.